Gianluigi Fecci, Paolo Balestrazzi and Rob Basini pulled out all the stops for the latest Amici Val Ceno Galles event.
With the help of Amanda from BayTree Wine Company, the new committee members organised a fantastic, sell out wine tasting evening at Cardiff’s Cameo Club.
After the wines were sampled and raffle prizes drawn, the evening progressed to Romeo Basini performing a selection of Italian (and Welsh!) classics on the accordion with the room joining in for a sing-a-long.
The Wines of Northern Italy:
- Cieto Chiaril Pignoletto Brut Doc
- La Giusiniana Gavi di Gavi ‘Lugarara’
- Piropan Soave Classico
- Ca del Frati Lugana ‘I Frati’
- Alpha Zeta ‘V’ Valpolicella
- Livio Felluga ‘Vertigo’
- Massolino Langhe Nebbiolo
- Pieropan ‘Le Colombare’ Recioto di Soave
We would like to thank:
- The Cameo Club: For the beautiful venue and endless help and advice while preparing for the evening. cameoclub.co.uk
- Bay Tree Wine Company: For providing the delightful wines sampled during the event, and Amanda for providing history, facts and talking us through each wine (and for having the foresight to bring a bell to call silence as the evening progresses!). baytreewine.com